October 15, 2015 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Show in my time zone
Spend Matters - Jason Busch
The future of spend analysis is here today. But far too few organizations are taking advantage of advanced analytics and new approaches to unearthing savings and spend insights. Spend Matters founder Jason Busch has some powerful ideas on the topic.
Join Jason and Tungsten for this live webinar exploring the art of the spend analysis possible including new approaches to looking at invoice detail, item and SKU level insights, category analysis, direct savings pipes (we’ll explain) and much more.
Central to these efforts is new ways of looking at transactional data. Jason will share his thoughts and then Tungsten will show (on a demonstration) their approach to unearthing new savings data through live invoice and transactional data ranging from invoice-level data analysis to SKU-level compliance tracking to VAT cross border recovery.
Attendees will learn:
• The latest in spend analysis technologies and approaches – and what start-ups have coming down the path
• How to look at big data approaches to procurement alongside spend analysis techniques
• Examples of how big data strategies can work in tandem with brut force (or human assisted) spend analytics and classification
• How to complement traditional spend visibility and audit recovery approaches
• What a demonstration of a supplier-network approach to analytics looks like (live if everything works out!)
• Quantifying the opportunity (based on live data and business case examples)
Why attend this webinar:
1. The latest in spend analysis technologies and approaches – and what start-ups have coming down the path
2. How to look at big data approaches to procurement alongside spend analysis techniques
3. Examples of how big data strategies can work in tandem with brut force (or human assisted) spend analytics and classification
More information about the speakers:
Spend Matters - Jason Busch - Editor - Twitter @spendmatters
The closest thing to a household name in procurement and supply chain, Jason has led the charge as an advocate, futurist and evangelist since the 1990s. Initially at FreeMarkets and then an adviser to Ariba and other firms, Jason branched out on his own to establish the Spend Matters brand (parent company: Azul Partners), which emerged to become the largest news and information portal covering the sector. Over the years, Azul Partners has expanded this digital portfolio to 12 affiliated properties including leading titles such as Spend Matters UK/Europe, MetalMiner and Public Spend Forum, making it one of the largest independent B2B digital media firms. Jason divides his time between research, speaking, corporate finance advisory and mentoring dozens of firms and procurement organizations in the industry. Prior to Azul Partners and FreeMarkets, Jason worked in consulting and merchant banking. He holds undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Pennsylvania. Personal investment disclosures: Azul Partners, Inc., Public Spend Forum, LLC, Remitia Ltd., RJSL Group LLC, Sigaria Ltd., Spare to Share, LLC, Spendata LLC, SpendLead, Inc., Spend Matters Europe Ltd., Spend Matters Group, LLC.